ALL club members have a shot being the CBF Club Champion as well as earning the TBF Living the Dream package. It is very easy, you just need to participate…that is all.
If your club is in good standing, each club’s president can submit 2 people to attend not only the CBF Club Championship, but also the TBF National Semi-Finals each year. You will compete with all the the other top club anglers for a chance to win the CBF Club Champion title. By participating in the CBF Club Championship tournament, you automatically qualify to participate in TBF National Semi-Finals along with the CBF State Team and other California qualifiers.
California Bass Federation Club Champions win big too! You will have the opportunity to win prize money through the California Bass Federation State Championship event. The monies you can earn will be separate from the CBF State Championships. The top finishers will get sponsor opportunities as well as your TBF National Semi-Final entry fee paid by the California Bass Federation!
- All qualified top club finishers will compete for the CBF Club Champions (Boater and Co-angler) as a part of the CBF State Championship.
- The top finishing club boater will awarded the CBF Club Champion – Boater.
- The top finishing club co-angler will awarded the CBF Club Champion – Co-Angler.
- All Club Championship qualifiers who fish the CBF State Championship will be qualified to attend the TBF National Semi-Finals.
- The CBF Club Championship is a paid entry event and will require the CBF State Championship entry fee to be submitted.
- Club Champions will be entitled to the following benefits:
- CBF will pay the TBF National Semi-Final entry fees.
- All CBF State Team sponsor benefits for that year.
Club Qualifications (Good Standing)
Clubs need to be in good standing to be able to submit your top 2 anglers for the CBF Club Championship event. There are many ways to be in good standing. In general, the goal is that your club is actively participating in the California Bass Federation.
A club may qualify their two top anglers to the California Bass Federation Club Championship provided they have done the following:
- Club has earned 3 Participation Points
- Club Participation Points:
- A club member who competes in a CBF Regional Event, the club is entitled to one Participation Point.
- A club member who assists the CBF Youth Director at a CBF Youth event, the club is entitled to one Participation Point. The CBF Youth Director must approve the point.
- A club member who assists the CBF Conservation Director at a CBF Conservation event, the club is entitled to one Participation Point. The CBF Conservation Director must approve the point.
- A club member who is on the CBF Board of Directors and is an active CBF board member earns the club a maximum of one Participation Point (total) for the year. If the CBF board member also participates in the CBF Regional Events, the club is entitled to a maximum of one (1) Participation Point for the year. If the club has multiple CBF board members, the club is entitled to a maximum of one (1) Participation Point for the year.
- If a club top angler has already qualified for the CBF State Championships via the CBF Regional Events, the club may select one (and only one) alternate (Boater or Co-Angler) to represent their club. All club members will compete in the Club Championship.
- The club president must submit, in writing, to the CBF State Tournament Director 45 days prior to the CBF State Championship:
- Designating their submissions
- Proof of Participation Points (Form will be provided)
- Late submissions may be accepted/dismissed at the discretion of the CBF State Tournament Director
California Bass Federation and Wild West Bass Trail joining forces – PRESS RELEASE
The California Junior Angler State Championship
C&C Marine owner and Ranger Pro, Jim Moulton is thought of by many as a great guy to know, and a very successful angler in California.